Enough for All Poverty Reduction Strategy
Enough for All is a community-driven poverty reduction strategy that aims to address the root causes of poverty.
Projects under the Enough for All strategy fall under four goals:
- All Calgary communities are strong, supportive and inclusive.
- Everyone in Calgary has the income and assets needed to thrive.
- Everyone in Calgary can easily access the right supports, services and resources.
- All Aboriginal people are equal participants in Calgary’s prosperous future.
The Enough for All strategy has three key outcomes:
- By 2023, 95% of all people living in Calgary are at or above Statistics Canada’s Low-Income Cut-off (LICO) rates.
- By 2023, 90% of all people living in Calgary are at or above 125% of LICO rates.
- By 2018, Calgarians consider reducing poverty to be a high priority.
In January 2015, under a four year agreement between The City of Calgary, United Way, VCC and Momentum, stewardship of the strategy implementation moved the Calgary Poverty Reduction Initiative (CPRI) Secretariat within The City of Calgary to Vibrant Communities Calgary.
Read more about the history of the CPRI and Enough for All strategy.